Shipping container homes are quickly becoming an accessible option for those wanting to build a unique and cost effective eco home in Australia or internationally.
Custom container home plans provided by Eco Home Designer are perfect for planning your container home, getting quotes from container home builders, bank loan applications and council applications. *documents from engineers and other services required.
How designing a custom container home works
- Decide if a custom container home plan is right for your purpose, if unsure please send us an email.
- Send us a sketch and your container home requirements,
- We will discuss the requirements and send you a quote and proposal,
- When you are ready to proceed we require payment of the invoice prior to beginning the custom container home plans,
- First draft of the plans will be sent via email within 7-10 days,
- Each revision we will advise on potential issues or improvements, each revision will be delivered within 7 days,
- After we have completed all plans listed below, the final plans will be approved by you and the designer,
- Once approved the plans can be sent to the engineer and other services, if changes are required for structural or regulatory reasons these will be completed at no extra charge,
- If changes due to a change of mind are required this will be quoted as an addition based on how much needs to be changed.
- Floor Plan Drawings
- 3D Views
- Elevation Drawings Of All 4 Sides
- Electricity Plans
- Details Of Wall And Roof Insulation
- Details Of Wall And Roof Construction (not to be confused with construction drawing and computations)
- Door And Window Schedule
- Site Plan
Custom shipping container home plans do not include:
- Site survey map, feature and contour survey in .pdf and .dwg files, to be completed by a local site surveyor.
- 3D Render Images and Video (unless with special offer)
- Construction drawings and computations
- Truss and roof construction
- Materials list
- Engineering (our custom container home plans will be ready for an engineer and drafts person to start their work)
- Consultation regarding solar power, waste treatment systems or other specialty systems. We recommend you discuss your options with the companies who sell and install these. Once you have decided and have the specifications we can add these to the plan.
Requirements to begin Custom Container Home Plans:
- Design brief completed
- Basic sketch of your container home requirements
- Site survey with boundaries, features and contours. Only required if being designed for a specific property
- Payment of invoice
Contact us for a custom shipping container home quote via our contact page.